Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Around The Barn

I spent about 40 minutes picking burrs out of this guy's mane, forelock and tail today.
I think he really appreciated the attention even though grooming has never been his favorite thing in the world. I think one of my goals for this year was to spend more time with him. Yeah, that didn't happen, unfortunately. There's just always something else to do or going on. But, part of it is knowing he's with my sister and getting great care. Honestly, he's a bit chunky right now and that is great going into the winter, especially for a 25 year old with bad teeth! I do miss hanging out with this guy, though.

Cuteness Alert:
We had this cute visitor at the farm this week. Sadly, that is the best picture I could get because he kept wanting to come nuzzle me. Sooo cuuuute!!! (In case it isn't obvious he's about a 13-14 hand Haffie.) Me wants! Someone had him on trial but sadly they decided he wasn't what they were looking for. (My trainer thinks they are looking for a unicorn.) He was super nice and if I had money and a place he is exactly what I would buy for my kids.

This guy is doing just fine. No word from the farrier yet so he's still got just one shoe on but it doesn't seem to be bothering him too much. He's enjoying his unexpected vacation.

It's supposed to get down into the 20s tonight and possibly snow next week! eep! I'm so not ready for winter yet this year! Stay warm out there!

8 comments:

  1. Loki looks so studly and handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loki is looking buff, hopefully the blacksmith can fit you in soon. G sounds like he is in great form, always best to head into winter packing a couple more pounds.
    What a pity the Haffie didn't work out, I wish the buyers the best of luck with their horse hunt. Hopefully they find their unicorn/pegasus

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Loki is super glossy - and looking very fit! and Zel doesn't look anywhere close to 25 - typical arabs lol, must be 25 going on 12 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, the haffie is cute! And Shy continues to get burrs everywhere, too. I am so tired of pulling them out.
    Loki is looking really good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that a recent pic of Loki? he is look HANDSOME!

    ReplyDelete