Sunday, April 12, 2015

It's Big!

Equine Affair Ohio was this past Thursday through today. My sister and I headed up yesterday. We arrived around 10:30 and didn't leave until 4:00. And I didn't buy one thing the entire day other than food. However, I did pick up a very big something that I bought a few weeks ago and have been waiting for it to arrive.
It's so pretty!
We finally bit the bullet and bought our next horse trailer. Honestly, I am feeling terribly guilty (and excited of course). It's so much and so nice and so... much!
We took the mats out to check out the floors and make sure everything was looking good.
I got a few custom things added to it such as a door that goes from the horse area to the tack area (very handy if you ever camp in your trailer which I often do at events) and extra horse ties on the outside.
Interior door
If we weren't moving this summer I would have gone much longer without having my own trailer. Between my trainer and my sister I would have always had a ride if needed but constantly moving to a new place, never knowing for sure what it will be like or who you will meet... It just makes having your own set of wheels so much more important.
So I am now on a very tight budget for the rest of the summer, year, many years... who knows. We bought new so we could finance but the plan is to pay it off early and as soon as possible. Hopefully things will work out that way. It's hard to know for sure with the move and not knowing where we'll live and so many things. We're going to be taking a trip up to West Point in a few weeks to look at houses, schools and barns. Maybe I'll have a better idea then.

But even though I probably won't be doing much showing this summer I am hoping to take the new trailer out for many trail rides and local stuff. After all you gotta break it in!

14 comments:

  1. My friend has that trailer and I absolutely love it! It's set up so well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend has that trailer and I absolutely love it! It's set up so well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh so exciting!!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so beautiful - congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness it's BEAUTIFUL! If you ever need someone to look after it for a while, well... shoot me an email ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh that trailer is gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Congratulations!!!!!!! It's gorgeous. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What kind of trailer is this? Mind if I ask some specs like empty weight? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok internet sleuthing and trailer stalking tells me it's a shadow? What are the benefits of the alum floor? And does that last longer? Have a great affect on the weight of the trailer? Also how long did it take for your special order to come in and was your financing through the dealer?
      If I'm being obnoxious say so :) feel free to email too if you don't want that stuff public.
      Equestrianathart at gmail

      Sorry for the million questions. We don't have a big shadow dealer local so it'll require a big trip to see any if we get there.

      Delete