Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Moving On

It's the last weekend of April guys and you know what that means...




Heck yeah!

For a Christmas present my sister bought us tickets for Friday-Sunday and is paying for us to stay in a hotel so we don't have to drive back and forth. I'm very excited!

Eventing, especially at the upper-levels, is in need of some change. There have been too many accidents, too many deaths and that does put a damper on it for me but I still love this sport and I'm super hopeful that we will begin to see some positive changes that will help to improve the safety of the sport at all levels. And hopefully they aren't limited to weird name changes like Equestrathon!


Sporting my OTTB shirt and blue breeches and sadly messy hair.

In other news I've started riding "normally" again. Loki has been super-duper sound (that's a technical term) and so we finally started a bit of jumping last week. In fact we took the trailer out for it's inaugural haul all the way to Lexington to jump school at Masterson Station. It was incredibly beautiful and Loki was incredibly good and on it. He is really growing up guys. We can now have a balanced counter to the jump about 85% of the time. The other 15% is usually because I've forgotten to ride for it. Of course I have no pictures from the school but I do have a couple of meh ones from a few days before.

Something very interesting on the ground

The best thing was Loki was still totally sound the next day and the day after that and has been sound since. We've done a few other things here and there but nothing exciting enough to write about much. I do think that if we are able to make it to an event this year we have a good chance of actually being successful. Well... our flat work is in need of some serious TLC but our jumping is much improved at least. I'm hoping we can make it to Midsouth Pony Club. It's on my birthday so we'll see.

Anyways more exciting things later. :)

6 comments:

  1. Man I need to catch up on your blog, I feel like I only just miss your updates in my feed - Loki is looking AWESOME! And you too, go guys!

    I didn't know he was having soundness issues - anywho, I'm glad they look like they're clearing up. I know you say your flatwork needs some TLC but your 'meh' trotting photo looks fab, he looks super light and springy and happy.

    Hope you have a wonderful time at Rolex - and one more time, can't believe how good you and your boy are looking. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear Loki has come through his ouchies and is back to work, happy & healthy.
    Keep up the fab work you guys are doing awesome ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those blue breeches. You guys look great. Glad Loki is feeling better :)

    I'll be at Rolex too! I'd love to say hi~. Shoot me an email at brokenmessage2(at)yahoo(dot)com if you would like to meet up at all. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad he's sound and doing well in his work! fingers crossed for smooth sailing :)

    also - enjoy Rolex!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for good rides and sound horses. All is well with the world. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soundness AND Rolex? Exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete