Thursday, April 30, 2015

Rolex Blast & What's In Store

My sister and I had a great time at Rolex this weekend. One of the best times I've had. It was so much fun to just stay in a hotel instead of driving back and forth. We got to relax, shop and see amazing ponies. It just doesn't get a whole lot better than that.

The only down side was Saturday was really crappy weather, cold and wet. So we didn't see as much of the XC course as we normally would've but since we could go back and see a lot of it online I don't feel like we missed out too much.

Laine Ashker and Anthony Patch


Sadly, I believe this is Emily Cammock & Dambala. Dambala suffered a major
injury and had to be put down on Sunday.
 Sunday was by far the best day. We got amazing seats for show jumping and were able to see all the things!
Our view



Boyd Martin & Cracker Jack

Philip Dutton & I forget which horse.

Michael Jung (Truly an amazing equestrian & athlete) & Fischerrocana FST

William Fox Pitt & Bay My Hero

Michael Jung & La Biosthetique Sam


Tim Price & Wesko (absolutely gorgeous horse)
In all a pretty awesome weekend. Plus my shopping was fairly moderate. I still spent a lot more than I intended considering the move and many many expenses coming up in the future. I got a new Stubben girth, new leathers that were about 54% off on Sunday and one sweatshirt. My sister came home with a bunch of really cool stuff including new, beautiful Lorenzini stirrups which she kindly let me try out yesterday.
Sadly my camera settings were off so you really can't see the
coolness that were our stirrups but believe me they were super cool!
Jay is graduating soon and we are getting ready to take a trip up to New York to look at houses, schools and barns. Lots of exciting, scary, sad and other overwhelming emotional things are heading our way soon. My next post should be about finding a new barn and how do you choose when no choice is going to give you everything you want for a price you can afford? 

10 comments:

  1. I love Lorenzini stirrups! :-) Glad you got to play with them. Hope the transition is as smooth as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolex looks and sounds awesome what a fab way to unwind and let loose before the pressures of moving set in. Great that you have a sis to share such adventures with ☺
    I'll keep everything crossed for the searches & move *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. great pictures - glad you had a blast! good luck with the move and everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a great time at Rolex!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rolex is the best! Good luck on your search. Come out trail riding before you leave town! You can haul out with your fancy new trailer or just come out and ride the haffy. It would be a shame if we didn't meet before the move. Facebook me Amy Patnaude Grayson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look you up! Sorry it took me a while to get to it.

      Delete
  6. I could not get over how gorgeous Wesko was! Good luck in your house/barn searches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! I was at Rolex too! You took some fabulous pictures. I got one of Michael Jung on XC, but sadly, I chopped his head off! D'oh! I got to meet Barb Crabo and write about her. In case you're interested in seeing the article. . . http://sidelinesnews.com/weekly-featured/eventer-barb-crabo-and-eveready-ii.html I wish you all the best during your move. :)

    ReplyDelete